The goal of the course is to give adjunct faculty tools and resources to better prepare them to teach classes at Sinclair Community College. We sincerely hope you find taking this course useful resulting in a feeling of preparedness when you enter the next classroom full of students.
As with almost everything else in life, you will have the most success with this course if you are committed to work and to learning. As a member of this Certification Course, here are the items to which you are agreeing:
- Stay for the entire day. Partial day attendance will disqualify the participant from certification;
- Sign the attendance rosters at the various sessions. If you do not sign your name on the roster sheet, you cannot be given credit for attendance;
- Read the online material and take (and pass) the quizzes within 5 weeks of the Single Session class;
- Make arrangements for a member of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Peer Review team to observe you facilitating a live class session. This class session should not be an exam day; a session with mainly student reports; or a day when a guest is presenting. Attendance at a follow-up meeting with the CTL Peer Review team member is required.
- Make arrangements to visit the classroom of a full-time faculty member from your department, if possible. (If you are not able to visit the classroom of a departmental colleague, please call the Center for Teaching and Learning office for the names of other faculty members who would be willing to have you as a guest.) Complete the Peer Review Instructional Observation form and submit the signed portion to the Center for Teaching and Learning office.
8:00 AM Continental breakfast and Registration, 7006B
8:30 - 10:30 AM Welcome, Introduction, First Day
10:30 - 10:45 AM Break
10:45 AM - 12:00 PM Security and Student Voices
12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch
1:15 - 2:15 PM Student Engagement or Presentation Techniques, 6321 and 6331
2:15 - 2:30 PM Break
2:30 - 3:30 PM Student Engagement or Presentation Techniques, 6321 and 6331
3:30 - 3:45 PM Break
3:45 - 4:45 PM Challenges, Evaluations, Q&A, 7006B